Friday 11 July 2014

Jean

Andy's Mum Jean died on the fifteenth of June. I just wanted to share a couple of happy photos from a few years ago when we met her at Alnwick Castle to visit the gardens, especially the poison garden which was fascinating. There are no adequate words to sum up these times, so I thought that happy photos of a fun time would be a good thing. She was an amazing woman who had the most amazing life, in fact someone who it seems impossible should go. She is the person missing at the family gatherings. I think about her voice a lot. She had the most beautiful voice, with a soft Scottish accent and a comforting tone. Once, a long time ago now, when our nieces and nephews were little, we were at Stillaig, their house in Perthshire, at Christmas, and she had all the children together to read a story. I sat and listened too, in fact she called me over to do so, and I enjoyed it just as much as the children did. In fact stories are what I think of too, as Jean had so many of them, and told them so well. I am happy to have known her. 


8 comments:

Linda Sue said...

oh I am sorry for you and Andy, such a sadness, such a loss.

jabblog said...

You have such lovely memories of a very special lady. I am sorry for your and Andy's loss.

Sarah said...

Thank you both.

snoopydogknits said...

So sorry to read such sad news, but what a wonderful post in memory of her. A life well lived! Ros x

Sarah said...

Thanks Ros.

HWIT BLOGG said...

What a lovely post...
Love,
Titti

Yiota said...

I am so sorry for your loss. My father-in-law died on the 28th of June. Sad times. Take Care!

Lynne said...

So sorry to read this.
I have happy memories of spending a day at Alnwick Garden's with my Mum and a friend on my Mum's 80th birthday. It was a week before she had to go into hospital for an operation. It was a lovely day out.
Best wishes to you and Andy. You have conjured up some happy warm images of Andy's Mum.